Saturday, March 25, 2006

Opportunity?

I haven't updated in a while...as some of you have pointed out. Thanks for trying to shake me from my slumber. You know it really hasn't been slumber...it's been more of a hibernation. I have come to realize that opportunity is closer than you think, and sometimes it lies where you never even thought to look.

God is calling us, his children, to not only look for the opportunity to show His love in the darkness, but also in the light...I have found out that many people in the Light need to be shown His love, forgiveness, unconditional acceptance (also known as Grace) and that by doing so, the Dark will be caught off guard...

Over the past few months I have seen the tragic consequences of sin, not only in my life but in the lives of many of the people I love and hold dear. And I have seen the way sin separates the "righteous" from the "unrighteous"...and I am hear to say that I am witness to the scripture that states that our righteousness is like dirty rags...

And that all we are called to do is to ... Love the Lord our God with all our Heart, Mind, and Strength ... and Love People as we Love ourselves!

Look for the opportunity to Love today, and try not to see anyone's rags...dirty or not!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

The last thing you wrote, it hits me. I kinda wrote that same thing in my blog last week. It makes me think of my aunt. Great job updating. :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger david huffman said...

true bro, so true.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

funny how often times the things we blog about are spurred or flow into conversations during our weeks! =)

thanks for updating brent...

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I totally needed some of that after my day!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Dennis Rogers said...

You still haven't posted in a long time.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you need to UPDATE

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home