Monday, June 13, 2005

Another Opportunity for You?

In my thoughts about our time spent in Africa, I cannot help but to remember the faces of the children. So full of joy when we played "futball" with them, so accepting of us even thought we were so different. These children, who had lost everything to poverty and AIDS, are still so accepting. They are not the "angry young man" steriotype that is so typical here in the west.

I just want to encourage anyone out there, that you can make a difference! We are just an ordinary middle class American Family who has seen the opportunity to make a change in the lives of some orphans in Tanzania...you can make a difference also. Let God open your eyes to the various opportunities that surround you every day! You can make a difference...

If you want to read more, here is a good link.

2 Comments:

Blogger Edward Cross said...

Hi, my name is Edward Cross. I'm a good friend of the Rogers family.

I think it's really important people know what it's really like in Africa. I think the "angry young man" stereotype has had a major impact on our country's overall opinion of foreign nations.

All those kids remind me so much of the kids in Mexico! I guess there is an abundance in this world of kids that are waiting to be poured into.

Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying reading through what you post.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Brent F said...

Hey Edward,

Thanks for reading, and posting. Yes, we are a nation of people generally self-centered, and it is my prayer that we, as God's people would be the 'Salt & Light' effecting not only the people we come in contact with on a daily basis, but God has blessed us so much, that we can affect this world for Him by meeting the needs of the "Widows and Orphans"...

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home