Monday, June 06, 2005

"opportunity" quote

Just read a little of Erwin McManus' 'an unstoppable force'...in his thoughts about envisioning the future, he talks about HG Wells' time machine and our thoughts of a time machine..."Most of us dream instead of a machine that would cause time to stand still. Time moves forward-without prejudice or regard to the quality of the moment. Tomorrow is always its destination. We must stop resisting history's relentless pursuit of the future and instead capture the present opportunity."

2 Comments:

Blogger brokencattletruck said...

Hi Brent,

Great blog and great thoughts... I looked up James 1:29 this past Sunday and discovered it again today on your blog... it's so easy to stray from that focal point of our being and doing... thanks for the reminder!

BTW, this is Nick Bousquet

9:46 AM  
Blogger Brent F said...

Hey Nick, Just new to this Blogging thing! I see from yours, that you have been at it quite a while, so I appreciate the feedback. As you can tell from my blog, been going on some mission trips- reading some Erwin McManus- talking with Dale and such- and It strikes me how the Church has gotton so far from the model Christ gave to us...the "Go into all the world" model which He started by leaving heaven, and coming to us. I think it starts with genuine interest! Christ was genuinely interested in us...are we genuinely interested in anyone other than ourselves and our loved ones? That's the question I have been asking myself lately. Hope to read some more posts...keep in touch.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home