Monday, June 06, 2005

Thinking

Just thinking about my time in Africa...There was so much opportunity! You lived, breathed, and swam thru opportunity just to go to the corner! In Tanzania, 47% of the population is aged 14 years old or younger! There are children everywhere...Many are orphans who search the streets for food, begging or sniffing glue to take away the hunger pains. As I left Africa, I became numb...just overwhelmed by everything we take for granted here in the US. I am now trying to live my life deliberately thankful for the little things (clean running tap water, electricity on a daily basis, smooth roads, refrigeration) and I am trying to think of ways that I can affect Africa, the things I do, the way I live, and in living that way, maybe the people around me will get a sense of what I am doing, and want to help the "Orphans and Widows" they come in contact with every day. God is opening my eyes that there are orphans and widows that I run into every day...Do I see them? How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home